- Love and appreciation for older or disabled adults
- Patient, encouraging, and enthusiastic attitude
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to complete minor home repairs in individual volunteer’s “specialty” i.e. carpentry, plumbing, electrical, various types of yard work, etc.
- Upon receiving assignment, call service recipient to confirm convenient time
- Follow standard precautions for your own safety and that of the service recipient
- Inform the client of any risks and describe what you will do and what area will look like after the work is completed
- Inform the service recipient and The Shepherd’s Center if the job looks as if it is outside parameters of what is considered “minor” repair
- Report number of volunteer hours served to office staff
Location of Duties:
Home of service recipient
As dictated by the repair needed
Training / Preparation:
Training provided by program coordinator or other Shepherd’s Center designee. Additional updates or additional training as needed and determined byThe Shepherd’s Center staff.
Designated Shepherd’s Center Staff Member