Front Desk Office Volunteer
- Love and appreciation for older or disabled adults
- Patient, encouraging, and enthusiastic attitude
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality
- Communicate effectively with public in person and on telephone
- Ability to take messages accurately
- Familiarity with various ministries of The Shepherd’s Center
- Familiarity with clerical office tasks i.e. phone transfers, filing, copying, mailings, word processing basics
- Greet visitors
- Answer telephone, take messages, and transfer calls
- Manage Medical Equipment Loan requests by providing assistance to service recipients and families wishing to borrow medical equipment using the documentation procedures in place
- Manage Handyperson Service requests by providing assistance to service recipients and families needing minor home repairs by logging the requests in Handyperson Manual.
- Record attempts to secure a volunteer and the outcomes of the calls made in the Manual.
- Provide public with accurate information about location, activities, and services of The Shepherd’s Center.
- Provide information, assistance and referrals to other agencies
- Assist with clerical tasks at the direction of The Shepherd’s Center Staff, i.e. filing, copying, mailings, basic word processing tasks
- Collect and distribute mail
- Record volunteer hours on log provided
Location of Duties:
The Shepherd’s Center Office
Morning or afternoon shift at the convenience of the volunteer
Training / Preparation:
Training provided by program coordinator or other Shepherd’s Center designee. Additional updates or additional training as needed and determined by program coordinator or Shepherd’s Center staff.
Program Coordinator or designated Shepherd’s Center Staff Member