Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Development of The Shepherd’s Center of Kernersville, under the supervision of the Executive Director, is responsible for Community Outreach, Fundraising and Grants.
Community Outreach- Awareness/Marketing responsibilities
- Speaking Engagements/meet with community representatives
- Build rapport with/solicit financial and volunteer support from churches/civic clubs/businesses
- Arrange for visibility at public community functions and at chosen events within funding/advocacy community and mission fairs as well as Chamber of Commerce opportunities
- Coordinate with Programming, Services and Fundraising initiatives to create posts and develop/grow our social media presence
- Work with webmaster on website updates
- Create email blasts
- Coordinate the design of ads, media releases and general publicity for all events ensuring they reflect the overall goal of the event
- Coordinate with Executive Director on promotional materials, inclusive of print marketing pieces such as brochures, letterhead by working with vendors, etc.
- Participate in Community committees (i.e. Chamber of Commerce and/or Civic Clubs)
Fundraising and Grants responsibilities
- Actively maintain donor retention and foster new donor contributions. Strategically attract new donors, cultivate, and recognize new and existing donors, encourage donations at next level and identify financial leads
- Identify charitable grant opportunities, write/apply for grant funding from private, community and corporate foundations as well as other grant makers. Follow up and report all grant activity monthly/quarterly/annually
- Attend meetings related to funding sources
- Actively participate in all fundraising initiatives. Take a leadership position working with Board Committee members to develop new fundraising programs and grow current events. Engage in all aspects of an event, such as sponsor opportunities, solicitation of sponsors, development of new events, enhancement of existing events, advertising, accounting and reporting. Current initiatives such as, but not limited to: Auction Gala, Golf Tournament, Annual Giving Campaign, A Night of Talent, Giving Tuesday and the Year End Giving Campaign
- Research and develop new/additional fundraising ideas
- Maintain policies and guidelines for gift acceptance as developed by the Planned Giving Committee
- Actively participate in current trends in solicitation, planned-giving, grant writing, needs of donors, and marketing through attendance of seminars, researching, reading, and interaction with other development professionals
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Fundraising, Public Administration, Business, Non-Profit studies and/or Human Services
- Skills in fundraising, communication, and interpersonal relationships
- Ability to generate creative designs for marketing materials, write clearly and informatively, and edit work
- Proficient in Microsoft office and knowledge of QuickBooks
The Director of Development will be required to perform other related duties, as required by the Executive Director, to ensure the ministry achieves the purposes outlined in The Shepherd’s Center of Kernersville Mission Statement. Work Hours are 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday- Friday; however, as a salaried fulltime position, often additional and varied hours are required.
This is a fulltime exempt position. Applications should be sent to email@example.com.