Senior Center - Charity Brigade
- generous actions or donations to aid the poor, ill, or helpless.
- something given to a person or persons in need; alms.
- a charitable act or work.
- benevolent feeling, especially toward those in need or in disfavor.
- Christian love; agape.
Brigade: Bri-gade [brɪ-ɡeyd] noun, verb
- a formation of fighting units, together with support arms and services
- a group of people organized for a certain task: a rescue brigade
Senior Center Definition of Charity Brigade: A group of loving and kind-heart volunteers who quilt, sew, knit, crochet and craft quilts, throws, blankets, caps/hats, booties, scarves, mittens, socks, slippers, shawls, craft projects, and various other items to be given to those in need at local cancer centers, burn units, preemie unit
The 2014 Charity Brigade Statistics are:
- 35 Charity Brigade Members gave 6,990 hours of service
- 1,204 Charity Brigade items donated to 17 area hospitals, cancer centers, burn units, orphanages and charities
- $27,999 = value of items donated by Charity Brigade
Charity Brigade Group meets every Monday at 9:00 a.m. in Room 2.
Linda Starkey is our coordinator. Please Join Us! Everyone is welcome. You do not have to attend the Monday group meetings to be a Charity Brigade member.
Patterns and some materials are available.
See Anne or Lisa if you would like to join our group and before you plan to attend your first group meeting.
Click on any image for larger view or to view all photos in gallery.